As a family member of a UK national, you have the right of residence in Slovakia for a period longer than three months, if the UK national you are accompanying or joining satisfies one of the following conditions:
- He/she is employed in Slovakia;
- He/she is a self-employed person in Slovakia;
- He/she is studying in primary school, secondary school, or at university in Slovakia and is financially self-sufficient;
- He/she has sufficient financial resources for himself/herself and his/her family members to avoid burdening the social security system and has health insurance in Slovakia;
- He/she is looking for work;
- He/she has lived in Slovakia for a continuous five-year period.
You may register your residence in Slovakia under the above conditions until 31 December 2020.