I will start my residence in Slovakia and start studying before 31 December 2020

If you come to Slovakia to study and start (or register) your residence before 31 December 2020, you will be able to enjoy the same right to study as before the UK´s exit from the EU. If you start your studies in the academic year 2020/2021, you will be able to study under the same conditions.

As a UK national, if you are studying at university, secondary school (or primary school) in Slovakia and you are self-sufficient, you have the right of residence in Slovakia for a period longer than three months and you are eligible to register as resident. Being self-sufficient means that you have sufficient financial resources for yourself and your family members to avoid burdening the social security system.

If you are a family member of a UK national who has residence in Slovakia and whom you are accompanying or joining (i.e. you are a third country national), you can also study under the same conditions.

In both cases, you will need to register your residence and replace your Residence Card or obtain a new Residence Card if you don´t have one yet by 30 June 2021, at the latest.

To register your residence and obtain a Residence Card, please follow these steps (as a UK national) or these steps (as a family member of a UK national).