Who is considered a dependent person? – International Organization for Migration (IOM) Skip to content
- A child until the end of the ten-year compulsory school attendance, or until the end of the school year in which the child reaches 16 years of age, at the latest;
- A child until 25 years of age who is systematically preparing for a future profession (by studying at high school or university);
- A child until 25 years of age who cannot systematically prepare for a future profession or perform gainful activities due to illness or injury;
- A child until 18 years of age who is not capable of systematically preparing for a future profession or performing gainful activities due to a long-term adverse health condition;
- A person dependent financially or otherwise on the UK national.